Liz

Liz

Friday, July 2, 2010

Friday Fill Ins - and lots more

1. When it's quiet I can read in peace.
2. I haven't rested in what seems like a month.
3. My heart is racing from all of the deadlines in July.
4. I want to survive July.
5. In the town where I was born there's a really pretty lighthouse.
6. Making dinner most evenings is something I really love about my significant other / friend.
7. And as for the weekend, tonight I'm looking forward to laundry, tomorrow my plans include baking Communion bread for the church and then going to the Independence Day parade in Ypsilanti, and Sunday, I want to make serious progress on my quilt for the guild's show at the end of July!

On to other news, since I have taken the process pledge to show my works in progress, here is where I am with a quilt that I've promised for the guild's show at the end of July:

Yeah. They're only pinned on (except the sun). This was going to be a queen-sized quilt until I got real. Now, it's twin-sized. Right. The "flowers" are not staying; they'll be replaced with smaller flowers. Here's the sun in close-up:
I am going to run to the art supply store today and get some PrismaColor pencils in yellows and oranges and see if I can't scribble out that weird yellow line in the upper corner.

As for the too-big flowers, I'm going to make pillows out of them. They are SO cute!

My plan at this point is to sew on the "dirt" I've got ready (pix soon, I promise), and then create "stems" and smaller "flowers." For those new to this blog, here is where I showed the beginnings of this process.

Because I don't have enough going on, I have also decided to be part of the "Tour de Fleece," and I am pledging to spin at least 20 minutes per day from July 3 to July 25. I'm hoping to take this:
to this:
It is Louet 50% wool, 50% soysilk. July will be a very interesting month....

3 comments:

Carleen said...

My hubby makes dinner most nights, too -- he's a much better cook than I! :)

Dorothy Potter Snyder said...

I have wool envy! I love your mash of colored fiber and the neat thread you spin it into. It looks edible. And I am terrible curious about your friend who has moved to the Benedictine monastery. Benedictine Monks have been my sanctuary more than once.

Thank you for your lovely posts.

Liz in Ypsilanti said...

I am taking the policy on this blog that I'm not identifying people by name, and that I won't say more about them than they've said publicly. Thank you, both for the nice comments.