Liz

Liz

Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Scraptastic #6

I set an ambitious goal for this past weekend: get the top done. I figured it was an outrageous goal, and that I'd be asking my boss for some days off near the end of the month.....

Well, here is some "leaf" fabric (made up from squares left over from a previous project):
Here is a leaf prior to pressing and topstitching:
Here is a collection of leaves, pressed and stitched. (Gee, I wonder which first-grade skill I used in freehand cutting of these?)
And, amazingly, here is a completed top:
(The best place to take the picture was over the stair railing, which meant draping over the back of the couch, where Big Guy was napping; he was still half-asleep, wondering why he'd been disturbed.)

Now for the part I dread: Quilting the darn thing. I have some variegated blue and purple thread, and some variegated yellow and orange thread and some variegated green thread. I will be echo quilting, probably at about one-inch each round. I keep wishing I could just magically skip this step. Oh, well.

3 comments:

image33 said...

this turned out so beautifully-- i love the play on color and light... wonderful stuff


did you have lots of down time this weekend?... i did--- and a couple lake moments also--- blue sky, hot sun and subtle movement on the water... there is nothing that makes me feel more alive

Esch House Quilts said...

Liz, this piece is so amazing! It is going to be the hit of the quilt show!

Liz in Ypsilanti said...

I'm seriously rooting for the Brat Cat quilt, myself, but thanks.