Today, I am pleased to show off the two small quilts I have finished for the silent auction that will happen at our guild's quilt show this summer.
First up comes from a small top that someone else pieced, and I backed with a soft cotton jersey fabric. I thought this might work as a baby blanket. You can see that I did pretty minimal quilting in the ditch of the blue patches. In the sashing, I did simple diagonal lines, twisting the quilt 90 degrees each time I got to the edge of the sash. (Quilting is my least favorite part of the process.)
Yeah, the edges of the quilt are a little wavy. I'll steam it a little this weekend and see if I can straighten it that way. (Totally cheating, but I am NOT rebinding!)
I also quilted and bound one of the Scraptastic quilts. You'll see that I did echo quilting of all of the elements, putting the lines about 3/8" apart. For the binding, I simply folded over the back, straightened as I went, tucking as necessary (ooh!! naughty! The quilt police will catch that for sure!), and making it work.
I hope you all have a nice weekend.