Liz

Liz

Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Sewing Room and Dyeing

There is a quilting group at the large institution at which I work that includes people who work in many different buildings - sort of a one person runs into another and invites her sort of group. Anyway, an e-mail went out on Friday morning that someone was having a moving sale and had sewing room furniture to sell. I contacted the seller and here are pictures of my sewing table before (my mother's old sewing machine cabinet - please notice slanting sides, etc.):

and after (please notice the large surface on which I can put the acrylic extension and not have items flopping around when I'm trying to sew on them):
She was also selling those large plastic bins, so I'll be able to stash WIPs under the table, close at hand, and not on top of the cutting table where I have to cover them with a blanket to keep away the cat hair.

Here is the view out of my sewing room (it was a rainy Sunday afternoon when I took this picture).
My dyeing group is getting together this coming Saturday, and I'm getting a jump with some preparatory steps, including gathering the fabrics I'm going to take:
Yes, three boxes' worth. I think I'm nuts.

When I was organizing the dyeing supplies, I came across this note, and I'll leave this blog for now and try to post later today with pictures of actual colored fabric, etc.

2 comments:

sara said...

That is my favorite quote from the Talmud.

Esch House Quilts said...

Your new sewing table is fantastic!