Liz

Liz

Saturday, June 19, 2010

Finished Objects Friday

Okay, so it's Saturday. Too bad. Here is the one thing I accomplished this week:
I got the wild idea about 4:30p on Wednesday that I'd get this done in time to wear to the NQA show on Thursday. (I had all of the fabric cut out but still had to cut the interfacing.) About 6:30, when I was delaying making dinner because I struggling to attach the collar, I came to my senses and stuffed the thing back in the box. On Friday morning, it took me close to two hours to get the collar attached and topstitched. I also hemmed the shirt during that time. This morning I made the buttonholes and the buttons.

Even though it was my vacation, I ran into town for a meeting at work. A couple of VIPs were giving a presentation about some big changes that are coming; even though the presentation was being videotaped, I thought it was important politically for me to show up. My boss's boss, who is three weeks younger than me, sat down next to me and threw his arm around my shoulders. "It's been so quiet around here this week!" Don't take it wrong: my work group has been together for well over a decade, and we've had regular get-togethers with spouses and kids included. We've attended funerals and weddings in one another's families. I truly love these people, and I feel loved by them. We are all supporting each other during the transitional time that is suddenly affecting our work environment.

Speaking of love: On Monday, I announced a giveaway that I would make to anyone commenting on that post and said that I would make a random number draw, blah, blah, blah. Well, the random number generator burped and came up with the following three numbers: 1, 2, and 3. I'll be in touch with those folks through private e-mail. Thank you for playing along.

4 comments:

yarnpiggy said...

Thank you, Liz! You made my week. :-)

Paige said...

Thank you - I'm so excited! How weird that 1, 2 and 3 were picked!

Liz in Ypsilanti said...

Nah, nothing weird. This was easier than artificially disappointing two people.

Miss Prudence said...

Hey Liz - wow you are so talented - your dying is amazing but it seems to wear you cat out - he looked pretty exhausted there! LOL
Every year I promise I will tie dye some white t-shirts I have laying around every year I chicken out!