Monday, February 28, 2011

Cone Nebula Quilt - Section 6

This is basically the last quiet weekend I have until mid-April, so I took advantage of it. I laid out Section 6 on Saturday and sewed it together on Sunday. When I started laying it out, though, I realized that I had run out of a crucial piece of fabric.
 Do you see that pretty leaf-patterned fabric in the earlier section? Basically all I had left of it were the two small triangles at the top of the new section. So, I sighed hard, picked apart some of the earlier section, and integrated the new blue with the leaf blue:
Now, instead of an abrupt transition between the two sections, they're interleaved and look planned. I had just one small triangle's worth of that blue fabric with the musical note, so I was able to use the other small blue leaf triangle some place else, adding to the planned feeling. Here is a picture of the full piece (sorry about the angle, I just wasn't in the mood to stand up on a chair last evening).
In case you're wondering about how these sections fit together, here is the map with the sections numbered.
At this point, I am over half done (most of the sections have three rows, but three of the twelve sections would have to have four rows, and those are done - Sections 3, 4, and 5).

1 comment:

Donald Michael Schwartz said...

I love these quilts. I will share this link with my followers of the Huron Beacon.