Liz

Liz

Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Knit & Crochet Blog Week - Day 2

The question today is about a pattern or project to which I aspire.

I offered to make something for someone close to me. She said “afghan.” I showed her pictures of the Yggdrasil Afghan, and she started talking about color schemes. (We’re thinking celery green.) I will say that my initial reaction was “GULP!” As I look at this pattern, I see a project that will challenge me both in terms of skills and perseverance. I think that when (not if) I complete this, I will have accomplished something of which I can be very proud.

Another project I want to make for me is the Every Way Wrap, pictured here. It's the second from the left at the bottom of the page (in burnt orange). I started it last fall, but I was using a multicolored yarn, and all of those wonderful cables just did not show up.

I want to do a shout-out to the gal at Flying Pig Knits, whose blog alerted me to this week. She writes an amusing, self-deprecating blog that I find really fun to read.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That afghan looks like it'll be amazing to snuggle under!

annmarie said...

just remember, a journey of a thousand miles (of yarn) begins with a single right-leaning cable. ;)
seriously, though, it's just knitting. if you like that afghan pattern, I say go for it. If you find you're not having fun with it, you can always rip it back and start a different one! :)