Liz

Liz

Thursday, April 22, 2010

I'm Still Here!!

I am going to wrench the TV away from the NFL draft in a few minutes and claim it for "Project Runway." So, this will be a very quick post.

This past weekend, I pulled out the fabric paints and painted a canvas bag to use for schlepping my stuff (lunch, book, knitting, etc.) to and from work. I also used some of my Scraptastic pieces to really personalize it.

It has been so much fun lugging my stuff around in this bag this week.

This is the piece I made on Sunday. I like the look of several flowers, different sizes. I want to make more of these!! (This is about 20 inches by 35 inches)
This piece hangs over my cutting table, and it serves as both inspiration and reminder: (When I like a passage in a book, I pull out the watercolors and paint the words into a small poster. I have a few of these around.)

Finally, the Brat Cat was annoyed that I was in the sewing room, playing with a cat, and that she was not that cat. Here she is, looking peeved.
I plan to post something every day next week as part of a special blog around. See you then!

3 comments:

Esch House Quilts said...

I love that scraptastic piece with the yellow background!

Gracey is not my name.... said...

I LOVE that flower piece!!!!

Liz in Ypsilanti said...

Thank you, both! I am having SO much fun with this project!