Liz

Liz

Sunday, February 19, 2012

Fruit Salad Quilt finished, Cone Nebula quilt quilted

I had a lot of self-inflicted problems with this quilt, but it is now done. It's about 44.5" wide, and I'm going to pitch it as a table topper for the quilt guild's silent auction at the show this summer. (The proceeds from the auction go to pay the bills for the show, and I have permission from the publisher to use the pattern for this purpose.)

I sort of stumbled over the orange peach and apple fabric a few weeks ago, and I think the fabric really set off the entire piece.

Now, I present to you some beauty shots of the gorgeous quilting that Lynne Bowbeer did on the Cone Nebula quilt. So, without narrative, here are some beauty shots. If you are local and want to get in touch with Lynne so that she can quilt your next quilt, send me a note, and I'll be happy to pass it on to her. (The only perk I get from this is a hug from her the next time I see her.)
Aren't those wonderful? When I show this quilt in the show this summer, I'm listing her as the co-creator. She found energy in the quilt and let it be seen. I am totally blown away by the work she did.

Finally, here is the requisite cute kitty shot. I don't know what was going on, but I noticed this grouping one evening and grabbed the camera. This was the least shaky shot. (We have Baby Boy, Big Guy, and the Princess.)




3 comments:

Esch House Quilts said...

Your fruit salad quilt turned out beautifully. I especially love the slightly scalloped edges.

And Cone Nebula...!!! Lynne did amazing quilting. There are so many different designs in different places - just wonderful! I can't wait to see it displayed at the quilt show.

Delusional Knitter said...

Beautiful quilting! The cats are definitely up to something, not sure what, but something is going on there!

dianaupp said...

Hi Liz,
I have loved watching the Nebula emerge. Hope all is going well for you. Haven't heard much in a while.
Diana