Liz

Liz

Thursday, July 28, 2011

New Sewing Room

After five days of hard work, we have a cozy new reading room (that at one point last evening held three cats!) and a mostly organized sewing room. Now, when you walk up the stairs in our house, you don't see Liz' messy sewing room, you see a peaceful room filled with books and places to snooze.
When you look off to the side, you see the sewing room.
I have identified the fabrics that will get turned into curtains, but I ran out of steam before I could get them made. The table off to the left holds boxes for each of the workshops I'm taking this weekend. As I sorted and organized fabric (pulling fabric out of all sorts of boxes and bags and shelves), I also pulled together the stuff I need for the workshops. I discovered that I have twice as much green fabric as I do any other color. See those two shelves full of fabric? The shelf below it (behind the pull-down counter) is equally full, as are the top sections of the cabinet next to it.

When Hubby Dearest saw all of this at the end of the day, he asked, "Why didn't we do this four years ago when we moved in? It makes so much more sense!" Of course the answer was that neither of us wanted to do the work of painting over the red room, so we made do.

4 comments:

supertinks said...

It looks fab! I love the chair in your book corner.

free indeed said...

It does look wonderful! If hubby would let me knock out a wall, I could combine two tiny rooms into a nice open sewing reading area too, but 'that ain't gonna happen!"
I'm sure you'll get lots of use out of the reading nook.
Ha, I tend to gravitate toward green too!

Esch House Quilts said...

Looks like a wonderful swap!

Vivianne said...

Oh that looks so lovely, I particularly like the rocker corner. Well worth the effort :-)