Liz

Liz

Friday, April 8, 2011

What I'm Watching - Washington Edition - Final Notes

To wrap up the notes about the trip to Washington, I want to share this picture of a pair of ducks who ignored all of the signs about staying out of the pools. (This was at the Korean War Memorial.)
I kept taking pictures of the Washington Monument, and my sister pointed out that I was getting some great sky pictures. So, here are a couple of sky pictures:
Yes, that's Hubby at the front (he IS dressed casually).
The final picture is of a building the name of which I never learned but that I thought was insanely ugly - total mashup of styles and eras. If anyone knows what this building is, please let me know. I simply forgot to cross the street and find out - okay, two streets with four-to-six lanes of traffic lay between me and this building - simply not worth it.
While on the trip, I packed my bamboo knitting needles, some cotton yarn, and a simple pattern (along with a paperback book) into a small purse - this configuration got me through security areas with no problem. The only time I had a security issue was when my migraine medication (packed in foil) set off an alarm. When the guard saw what it was, I got waved through. (That's your handy tip of the day.) Anyway, I finished off one dishcloth (on metal needles on the road) and made another on bamboo needles. Here they are:
I made NO progress on the EveryWay Wrap. It's almost half done, and I'm bored.

No comments: